Welcome to the
This 18th century Grade II Listed country pub is located on the edge of Gulley Wood, in Burnham, a Buckinghamshire village just north of the River Thames. Across the road is Cliveden House, once a magnificent Italianate mansion, now an equally impressive 5-star hotel, overlooking the River Thames. You can recognise The Feathers by the plume of feathers displayed outside. They honour Edward VII who used to frequent the pub during the 1870s when he was the Prince of Wales. Not far from Beaconsfield, Slough and Maidenhead, The Feathers is a real destination pub. Indeed during summertime, it is not uncommon for guests to while away an entire day enjoying fine wine and delicious food in the open courtyard, or in the large beer garden, which is bordered on three sides by the beautiful Buckinghamshire woodland. As the sun sets over Gulley Wood, friendly staff even hand out blankets and light the wood fires when it gets chilly. In wintertime, the log fires gently burn while guests recline on comfortable low-level leather sofas, or dine in a secluded part of the pub restaurant, savouring traditional pub food and drink. The Feathers is an 18th century Grade II Listed country pub in the beautiful rural village of Burnham, close to Maidenhead, Slough, Beaconsfield and Windsor. A true countryside retreat, the pub first received its license in 1870 and was a favourite of Edward VII, when he was Prince of Wales. It is said that the Prince would regularly pop in for a pint on his way to Windsor. Today, feathers from the Prince’s coat of arms still adorn the sign outside, in honour of our royal patron. In 1271, the main road between London and Bath ran right through Burnham. In recognition of its significant location, the village received a royal charter, granting it permission to hold an annual fair and market.
• View Our Menus •