Riverside Overnight Stay
Riverside Overnight Stay Competition Terms and Conditions
Summary Terms and Conditions
Promotion open to UK residents only, aged 18+. Entrants must like the Riverside Inn’s Facebook page and comment why they think they deserve to win. Promotion closes at 12:00pm on 13th July. One winner from Facebook will receive an overnight stay at the Riverside Inn, including an evening meal and a bottle of wine of your choice, up to the value of £50. Full terms and conditions are available on this page. Promoter: Greene King Brewing and Retailing Limited, Sunrise House, Ninth Avenue, Burton upon Trent, Staffordshire, DE14 3JZ.
Full Terms and Conditions
1. This promotion is open to residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 or over only. Employees of the Promoter, their families, agencies, or anyone else professionally connected with this promotion, are not eligible to enter.
2. This promotion opens at 10am on 9th July 2021 and closes at 12:00pm on 13th July. To enter entrants must like the Riverside Inn’s Facebook page and comment why they think they deserve to win. All comments submitted shall not be defamatory, offensive, obscene, hateful or inflammatory in anyway.
3. One winner will be selected from all entries received from Facebook.
4. The winner will receive an overnight stay at the Riverside Inn, including an evening meal and a bottle of wine of your choice, up to the value of £50.
5. The winner will be informed of their prize within 2 working days following the end of the promotion, unless otherwise specified.
6. The winner will be chosen at random from all valid entries received.
7. Reasonable efforts will be made to contact the winner using the details on entry. However, if a response has not been received within 48 hours, or if the selected winner is ineligible, otherwise in breach of these terms and conditions, or unable to take up the prize for any other reason, the Promoter reserves the right to select an alternative winner using the same process referred to above in these terms and conditions.
8. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for failed delivery due to the provision of incorrect contact details by the entrant.
9. The terms and conditions of any third-party supplier will also apply to the prize where applicable. If there is a conflict between third-party terms and conditions and these terms and conditions, these shall take precedence.
10. The prize is non-transferable and cannot be sold or auctioned. No cash or other alternative to the prize will be offered unless in the event of unforeseen circumstances, in which case the Promoter reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value than the original.
11. The winner will receive their prize within 30 working days following the end of the promotion, unless otherwise specified. In any event the prize must be claimed and taken within six months of the closing date.
12. The Promoter is required to comply with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 2018 and the UK General Data Protection Regulation in relation to the processing of any personal information obtained from you, including when you take part in this promotion. The Promoter is a member of the Greene King group of companies (the “Group”), and the Group takes the protection of your personal information seriously.
13. By entering this promotion, you have provided your personal information (full name, Facebook account name,) to the Promoter, who is the Data Controller. If you are a winner we may ask for your date of birth, contract telephone number, address including postcode and email address in order to administer the prize and confirm your eligibility to enter the competition. Your personal information will be processed by the Promoter in performing the contract you have entered into with the Promoter by taking part in the promotion. The privacy notice for this promotion can be found at: https://www.greeneking.co.uk/privacy/
14. Any personal information collected may be shared with other companies in the Group and will be used for administrative or operational reasons connected with the promotion, including to communicate with you. Your personal information will also be shared with J&PR Ltd in order that they may administer the promotion, arrange prizes and discuss any specific requirements with the winners on behalf of the Promoter. The Promoter will not pass your personal information outside of the EEA or to any other external organisation without your prior permission.
15. Your personal information will be retained for a maximum of four months from the closing date to enable the Promoter to complete administration of the promotion.
16. In accordance with the Advertising Standards Authority CAP Code, the Promoter intends to make available the surname and county of any winner. Any winner that objects must notify the Promoter as soon as possible after they are informed that they have won.
17. You have the right to object to the processing of personal information and to have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed. If you have a concern about the way the Promoter is collecting or using your personal data, please raise your concern with the Data Protection Officer in the first instance at email@example.com. Alternatively, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office at ico.org.uk/concerns.
19. No bulk, machine-generated consumer group or third-party entries will be accepted. Entries are restricted to one entry per person. In the event of multiple entries being received from the same person or account, only the first entry will be accepted.
20. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify incomplete, altered or illegible entries. No responsibility will be accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed, technical or telecommunications faults. Proof of submitting is not proof of receipt.
21. The Promoter reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to verify the winners, including, but not limited to, proof of identity and/or age, as required, and to withdraw a prize where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these terms and conditions or otherwise where an entrant has gained advantage in participating in the promotion or has won using fraudulent means.
22. The Promoter's decision is binding in all matters relating to this promotion, and no correspondence shall be entered into.
23. Owing to exceptional circumstances outside its reasonable control and only where circumstances make this unavoidable, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the promotion or these terms and conditions at any time, but will always endeavour to minimise the effect to participants in order to avoid undue disappointment.
24. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter accepts no liability for any damage, loss or injury suffered (including loss of opportunity) whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way due to entering this promotion or taking up a prize. The Promoter is not responsible for any third-party acts or omissions.
25. Entrants will retain ownership of any content, submissions and other material they submit as part of this promotion. However, entrants grant the Promoter (and its agents and affiliates) a non-exclusive, royalty free, worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual licence to use any such content, submissions and other material for the purposes of this promotion.
26. The winner may be asked to take part in publicity relating to this promotion but this will be discussed with the winners before taking place.
27. By entering this promotion entrants will be deemed to have accepted, and will be bound by, these terms and conditions.
28. These terms and conditions (and any non-contractual disputes/claims which arise out of or in connection with them) will be governed by English law and entrants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
29. The Promoter reminds anyone entering this promotion to drink responsibly. Please visit greeneking.co.uk/enjoy-responsibly for the facts.
30. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook. You are providing your information to the Promoter. By participating in this promotion, you agree to a complete release of Facebook from any claims.
31. This promotion is subject to Facebook’s terms and conditions, which can be found at: https://www.facebook.com/legal/terms/update?ref=old_policy
32. Promoter: Greene King Brewing and Retailing Limited, Sunrise House, Ninth Avenue, Burton upon Trent, Staffordshire DE14 3JZ
PRIVACY NOTICE – PROMOTIONS
As the country's leading pub retailer and brewer, Greene King welcomes customers into our 3,000 pubs, restaurants and hotels across the UK and brews a range of award-winning beers. When we say ‘we’ or ‘us’ in this notice, we are referring to Greene King Brewing and Retailing Limited, (ICO registration number ZA054235), which is the data controller in respect of this website and the services described in this privacy notice.
Our products and services trade under a wide range of well-known brands, including Greene King, Hungry Horse, Farmhouse Inns, Chef & Brewer, Flaming Grill, Greene King IPA, Belhaven and Old Speckled Hen. More information about all of our brands can be found on the Greene King website.
This privacy notice explains what we use your personal data for and how long we keep it. It also explains what rights you have and how you can exercise them.
Why do we need to process your personal data?
We want our promotions to be administered fairly so that all entrants can enjoy them. To do this well, we need to process some of your personal data.
We will process your personal data to administer the promotion, to confirm that you have complied with the terms of the promotion, to confirm whether you have won a prize, to communicate with you in relation to any prize you may win and to deal with any queries you have in relation to the promotion.
What information do we process?
When you enter a promotion, we need your name and Facebook account name. If you are a winner we may ask for your date of birth in order to confirm your eligibility to enter the competition and your email address, telephone number and address including postcode in order to administer the prize. We will also collect any personal information you include in your message.
How long do we keep personal information for?
Information relating to…
Is kept for…
Entering a promotion
4 months following the closing date of a promotion
Enquiring about a promotion
3 months following our reply to you
If you exercise your data protection rights, we will keep a record of your request and our response indefinitely, to be able to show that we responded properly and fairly to your request.
Will we sell your personal data to anyone else?
No. That’s not something we do.
Who do we share personal data with and why?
We may pass your personal data to other companies who are members of the Greene King group for the purposes described in this privacy notice.
We work with the following third party suppliers and service providers who process your personal data in order to provide services to us or on our behalf:
Personal data that is shared
Reasons for sharing personal data
Name, date of birth, Facebook account name, email address, address and telephone number
To administer the promotion and respond to customer queries and complaints
Name, contact information, address, booking information, complaint information
Managing guest queries and complaints
All of these organisations are required to comply with our data processing standards and are bound by the terms of this privacy notice. They are not permitted to use your personal data for their own purposes.
We will share your personal data as required by law or where we are asked to do so by a public or regulatory authority
As we develop our business, we might sell or buy group companies or other businesses. If we do so, this might involve transferring customer information relating to the relevant company or business to the person buying the business. The buyer will only be permitted to use your personal data as outlined in this privacy notice.
We may ask whether you want to receive marketing from us – it’s your choice, but if you sign up for marketing please read our general privacy notice at www.greeneking.co.uk/privacy.
If you are a winner or runner up we may use your data for publicity purposes as explained in the competition terms and conditions.
What are your rights and how can you exercise them?
Greene King is the data controller for the processing described in this privacy notice. We can be contacted by post at: Westgate Brewery, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk IP33 1QT.
Greene King has appointed a Data Protection Officer, who can be contacted by post at the address above, or by email sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We process personal data in compliance with applicable data protection law. The lawful bases we rely on for our primary processing purposes are as follows:
Lawful basis for processing
Administering a promotion
We process personal data because it is necessary to do so for the performance of the relevant contract.
Responding to an enquiry about a promotion
We believe it is in our commercial interests to respond to our customers making this processing a legitimate interest.
You have the following rights under data protection law:
1. to ask us to tell you what personal data we are processing that relate to you (right of access)
2. to require us to rectify or stop processing inaccurate personal data (right to rectification)
3. to require us to delete personal data relating to you, subject to there being valid grounds (right to erasure)
4. to require us to restrict our processing activities, subject to there being valid grounds (right to restriction)
5. to object to processing, in particular to profiling (right to object) and direct marketing (by withdrawing your consent)
6. to ask that personal data about you be sent to another controller of your choosing, subject to there being valid grounds (right to data portability)
You can notify us of your wish to exercise any of these rights by contacting the Data Protection Officer, using the contact information provided above.
You also have a right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (the data protection regulator for the United Kingdom) or in some circumstances, another European Union data protection authority.
Changes to this privacy notice
This privacy notice is effective from 9th July 2021. You can check if the privacy notice has changed by revisiting this webpage at any time. If we make any significant changes to this privacy notice, if we have your email address, we will email you to let you know.