Take a look at the delicious menu that was on offer for Father's Day 2018
Atlantic prawns with Marie Rose sauce, bloomer bread and butter
Peppered chicken goujons
breaded chicken with garlic & rosemary mayo
Oak-smoked chicken liver pâté | New
with caramelised red onion chutney, lamb’s lettuce, toast and butter
Homemade smoked mackerel pâté† | New
with lamb’s lettuce, toast and butter
panko-coated with garlic & rosemary mayo
Courgette & harissa flavoured rice skewers (ve) | New
with houmous and lemon oil
Shropshire Blue® Salad (v)(n) | New
crisp chicory, fresh watercress, radish, sweet pear, candied walnuts and creamy Shropshire blue cheese® tossed in a honey & mustard mayo
All roasts are served with buttered seasonal veg, homemade Yorkshire pudding, sage & onion stuffing, garlic & rosemary goose fat roast potatoes or minted baby potatoes and our premium gravy.
Roast topside of beef
with horseradish sauce
Roast pork loin
with crackling and roasted Red Delicious apple
Roast turkey breast
with a pig-in-blanket
Trio of roasts
topside of beef, turkey breast and pork loin with crackling and roasted Red Delicious apple
Roast nut wellington (v)(n)
with vegetarian roast potatoes, homemade Yorkshire pudding, seasonal veg and vegetarian gravy
Slow-cooked rib of beef (£1 supplement)
8-hour slow-cooked rib of beef served on the bone
Slow-cooked lamb shoulder (£1 supplement)
with roasted red onion and fresh mint
Children’s roasts £4.99
choose from topside of beef, turkey breast, pork loin or roast nut wellington(v)(n) with roast potatoes, homemade Yorkshire pudding, buttered seasonal veg and gravy
Burgers are served in a brioche bun with skin-on fries, house slaw and barbecue dip.
Our steaks are served with grilled tomato, sautéed mushrooms, lamb’s lettuce and onion rings. Plus, a choice of triple-cooked chips, mashed potato, jacket potato or salad.
Gourmet beef burger
topped with smoked Cheddar, smoked streaky bacon, free-range fried egg and signature burger sauce
Gourmet chicken burger
grilled chicken breast topped with smoked Cheddar and smoked streaky bacon
Hog roast burger | New
beef burger topped with pulled pork, stuffing, melted smoked cheese, crumbled crackling, apple sauce with mayo and watercress. Served with apple sauce
Ultimate vegan burger (ve) | New
a delicious meat-free burger, topped with fried onions and a melting vegan slice, in a toasted poppy seed bun with mayo and shredded iceberg lettuce. Served with house slaw, barbecue dip and chips.
Swap your chips (ve) for skin-on fries (v)
9oz Rump steak
firmer texture for fuller flavour
8oz Sirloin steak (£2 supplement)
beautifully tender with marbling for a greater depth of flavour
Cod and chips†
hand-battered Atlantic cod with garden or mushy peas and tartare sauce
Add bloomer bread and butter for £1.29
Signature mixed grill (£3 supplement)
28-day aged rump steak, chicken breast, 7oz gammon steak, pork sausage, black pudding, free-range fried egg, grilled tomato, onion rings and a choice of triple-cooked chips, mashed potato, jacket potato or salad
with grilled back bacon, topped with melted smoked Cheddar and barbecue sauce. Served with onion rings, triple-cooked chips, house slaw and dressed side salad
Sea bass and seared scallops† (£1 supplement)
two grilled sea bass fillets and pan-fried scallops served on a prawn, pea & chive risotto
Chef’s Summer garden bowl (ve) | New
warm salad of new potatoes, asparagus, garden peas, baby gem, Tenderstem™ broccoli and spring onion dressed with lemon oil
Choose your topping halloumi (v), courgette & harissa flavoured rice skewers (ve), rump steak, salmon†, chicken or sea bass†
Steak & red wine pie
slow-cooked farm-assured British beef in a rich red wine gravy, with roasted baby onions and mushrooms in a hot water crust pastry. Served with triple-cooked chips or mashed potato, buttered seasonal veg and premium gravy
Eton mess | New
whipped double cream tossed with crushed meringue, raspberry coulis, and fresh strawberries and raspberries
Summer fruit sundae (n) | New
fresh pineapple and raspberries, mango sorbet, clotted cream ice cream, peach and pear pieces, raspberry coulis and toasted almonds
Also available as a vegan option
with salted caramel sauce and whipped double cream
Kentish Bramley apple & blackberry crumble pie
shortcrust pastry with apples & blackberries and a crumble topping, served with custard, double cream or ice cream
Chocolate fudge cake
served warm or cold with double cream, ice cream or custard
Sticky toffee pudding
with dates and sultanas, served with custard, double cream or ice cream
Lemon and Earl Grey drizzle cake (n) | New
with white chocolate mousse, strawberries, raspberries and toasted flaked almonds
Chocolate torte (ve)(n)
a date & nut base, Belgian chocolate & coconut milk torte with vanilla ice cream
When you buy this pudding, we will donate 20p on your behalf to Macmillan Cancer Support.‡ We are proud to support Macmillan.
If the sun decides to make an appearance this Father's Day, don't worry we've got you covered! Head outside and enjoy family-time in our beautiful beer garden. Enjoy the sunshine and dine Al-fresco whilst discovering our great range of drinks that are the perfect way to toast a day full of togetherness.
*All Fathers Day bookings for 17th June 2018 must be secured with a £5 deposit per person. Once you have booked with us for Father's Day you will be entered into our competition to win a £100 Red Letter Day voucher or five runners-up will receive a £30 gift card. The deposit should be paid before 12 noon on Thursday 14th June 2018, otherwise the booking will be cancelled and the table released. If you booked before the 22nd May please email us at email@example.com to request to be added to the competition.
Summary Terms & Conditions
Promotion open to UK residents only, aged 18+. Entrants must have booked a table for Father’s Day (17th June) and paid the £5 deposit. Promotion closes at 23:59 on 16th June 2018. One winner will receive a £100 Red Letter Day voucher. 5 x runners up will also receive a £30 Greene King gift card. Full terms and conditions are available at https://www.chefandbrewer.com/terms-and-conditions/ Promoter: Greene King Brewing and Retailing Limited, Sunrise House, Ninth Avenue, Burton upon Trent, Staffordshire, DE14 3JZ.
Full Terms & Conditions
- This promotion is open to residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 or over only. Employees of Greene King, their families, agencies, or anyone else professionally connected with this promotion are not eligible to enter.
- This promotion opens on 22nd May 2018 and closes at 23:59 on 16th June 2018. Booked before the 22nd May and want to be entered into the competition please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request to be added to the competition for your chance to win £100 Red Letter Day voucher. 5 x runners up will also receive a £30 Greene King gift card
- Entrants must make a booking via chefandbrewer.com/fathers-day and pay the deposit to enjoy the Father’s Day set menu. The deposited reservation must be made by 23:59 on 16/06/2018.
- One winner and 5 runners up will be selected at random by 30/06/2018.
- The prize is a £100 Red Letter Day voucher.
- 5 x runners up will also be chosen and will each receive a £30 Greene King gift card.
- Reasonable efforts will be made to contact the winners using the details on entry. However, if a response has not been received within 7 days, or if the selected winner or runner up is ineligible, otherwise in breach of these terms and conditions, or unable to take up the prize for any other reason, the Promoter reserves the right to select an alternative winner or runner up using the same process referred to above in these terms and conditions.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for failed delivery due to the provision of incorrect contact details by the entrant.
- The terms and conditions of any third party supplier will also apply to the prize where applicable. If there is a conflict between third party terms and conditions and these terms and conditions, these shall take precedence.
- The prize is non-transferable and cannot be sold or auctioned. No cash or other alternative to the prize will be offered save for in the event of unforeseen circumstances, in which case the Promoter reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value than the original.
- The Promoter is required to comply with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation in relation to the processing of any personal information obtained from you, including when you take part in this promotion. The Promoter is a member of the Greene King group of companies (the “Group”), and the Group takes the protection of your personal information seriously.
- By entering this promotion, you have provided your personal information (name, email address, phone number and booking details) to the Promoter who is the Data Controller. Your personal information will be processed by the Promoter in performing the contract you have entered into with the Promoter by entering the promotion.
- Any personal information collected may be shared with other companies in the Group and will be used for administrative or operational reasons connected with the promotion, including to communicate with you. Your personal information will also be shared with Chef & Brewer in order that they may administer the promotion, arrange prizes and discuss any specific requirements with the winner/s on behalf of the Promoter. The Promoter will not pass your personal information outside of the EEA or to any other external organisation without your prior permission.
- Your personal information will be retained for 4 months from the closing date to enable the Promoter to complete administration of the promotion and to comply with its obligations under the Advertising Standards Authority CAP Code.
- You have the right to object to processing of personal information and to have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed. If you have a concern about the way the Promoter is collecting or using your personal data, please raise your concern with the Data Protection Officer in the first instance at data email@example.com. Alternatively, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.
- No bulk, machine generated consumer group or third party entries will be accepted. Entries are restricted to one entry per person.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify incomplete, altered or illegible entries. No responsibility will be accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed, technical or telecommunications faults. Proof of submitting is not proof of receipt.
- The Promoter reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to verify the winner [and/or runner up], including but not limited to, proof of identity and/or age, as required, and to withdraw a prize where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these terms and conditions or otherwise where an entrant has gained advantage in participating in the promotion or has won using fraudulent means.
- The Promoter's decision is binding in all matters relating to this promotion, and no correspondence shall be entered into.
- Owing to exceptional circumstances outside its reasonable control and only where circumstances make this unavoidable, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the promotion or these terms and conditions at any time but will always endeavour to minimise the effect to participants in order to avoid undue disappointment.
- To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter accepts no liability for any damage, loss or injury suffered (including loss of opportunity) whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way due to entering this promotion or taking up a prize. The Promoter is not responsible for any third party acts or omissions.
- Entrants will retain ownership of any content, submissions and other material they submit as part of this promotion. However, entrants grant the promoter (and its agents and affiliates) a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual licence to use any such content, submissions and other material for the purposes of this promotion.
- The winner may be asked to take part in publicity relating to this promotion. This will be discussed with the winner before taking place.
- The name and county of the winners will be available for 3 months following the closing date upon application with a SAE to Chef & Brewer Father’s Day Competition. Greene King Brewing and Retailing Limited, Sunrise House, Ninth Avenue, Burton upon Trent, Staffordshire, DE14 2WF.
- By entering this promotion entrants will be deemed to have accepted, and will be bound by, these terms and conditions.
- These terms and conditions (and any non-contractual disputes/claims which arise out of or in connection with them) will be governed by English law and entrants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- Promoter: Greene King Brewing and Retailing Limited, Sunrise House, Ninth Avenue, Burton upon Trent, Staffordshire DE14 3JZ.