Built in 1903 The White House was originally the family home of local entrepreneur James Holroyd Junior owner of the world-renowned Burmantofts Pottery Company. Retaining all of its grand Edwardian style The White House has been a popular pub restaurant since the 1970's with attractive garden terraces open fires and secluded nooks and crannies. Just three miles from bustling Leeds city centre The White House stands in extensive wooded grounds on the leafy Wetherby Road. It is one of the many fine homes built here in the early 1900's for affluent Leeds businessmen and merchants on the edge of Roundhay Park. The Park itself has myriad attractions including Tropical World home to the UK's largest collection of tropical plants outside of Kew. The Park is one of the largest urban parks in Europe set in over 700 acres of woodlands lakes and formal gardens and offers attractive walks before retiring to The White House for a leisurely pub lunch. Further afield The White House is only 15 minutes from the M1 offering easy access to the rugged beauty of the North Yorkshire Moors and Yorkshire Dales National Park.