Skip to content

The Pub Is Coming Back!

We’re making a comeback on the 17th May

Pub lunches, date nights and after work drinks, it’s been a year of lost moments. So, say goodbye to the video calls, catch up TV and loungewear. Dig out those glad rags because it’s nearly time to raise a glass, together at last!

What are you waiting for? Book ahead for a guaranteed table…

We can’t wait to see you!

Promotions

Please note

Following the news that we will be re-opening our pub soon, please find below our trading times

from May 17th onwards.

Welcome to the

Himley House

 

Located in the small Staffordshire village of Himley, The Himley House was originally part of the Himley Hall Estate - the former home of the Lords of Dudley.This lovely Georgian pub restaurant has retained the feeling of a grand country mansion. Converted into a pub restaurant and hotel in the early 20th century, its high wooden beams and real fires add to the historic ambience just like its candlelit dinners. The former lodge house for Himley Hall, this grand Grade II listed building has extensive grounds bordering a lake and beautiful surroundings landscaped by Lancelot Capability Brown. After a day exploring Himley Park Estate, West Midland Safari Park or Dudley Zoological Gardens, a zoo created around an 11th Century castle, Himley House is the perfect place to re-fuel. Plus the delicious Sunday lunches are served all day, so visitors need not feel tied to a timetable. Himley House is situated in Staffordshire in the small village of Himley- near the town of Dudley and the city of Wolverhampton. Once part of the Himley Hall Estate, the pub has a rich history. As a Grade II listed building, Himley Hall was once a moated manor house and, for over four centuries, served as a secondary home to the Earls of Dudley, before the Ward family inherited the building in 1645. In fact, today’s building dates from the 18th century when John Ward demolished the medieval manor to make way for the Himley Hall we know today. The village of Himley was relocated at this time and the church rebuilt on its present site in 1764. Then, in 1774, when John Ward died, Himley Hall was taken over by his son, John Junior, who brought in Lancelot ‘Capability’ Brown to re-design the parkland.

Promotions

Please accept marketing cookies to view TripAdvisor.
Book A Table