new year’s eve Menu
5 course set menu £36.99
plus a glass of Prosecco
Available from 5pm on 31st December
Start your evening in style at The Yews with fizz and canapés as part of our 5 course celebration to see in the New Year
Glass of Prosecco
Scottish Oak-Smoked Salmon & Crayfish Tail Canapés, with a Dill Sour Cream?
Mozzarella & Cherry Tomato Canapés, with Basil Pesto (v)
Goat’s Cheese Roulade coated in Walnuts (v)(n)
On toasted bloomer, with caramelised red onion chutney, rocket, toasted seeds and a blackberry balsamic dressing
Duck & Fig Terrine
With toasted bloomer bread and a fig, balsamic, date & cranberry chutney
Mushroom & Truffle Soup (v)
With bloomer bread
Trio of Seafood?
Cod loin, sea trout and mussels, with a shellfish sauce, served with roast baby potatoes, fine beans and kale
Luxury Smoked Cheddar Tart (v)(n)
In a cranberry & walnut pastry case, topped with fig & redcurrant chutney with roast baby potatoes, glazed carrots, Brussels sprouts, kale, braised red cabbage, honey-roasted parsnips, Yorkshire pudding and vegetarian gravy
Slow-Cooked Rib of Beef*
Served on the bone, with goose fat roast potatoes, Yorkshire pudding, glazed carrots, Brussels sprouts, kale, braised red cabbage and a rich red wine sauce
Pan-fried chicken breast on roast baby potatoes, with assorted mushrooms, fine beans, roasted red onion and a rich red wine sauce
All our puddings are vegetarian
Belgian Chocolate & Hazelnut Truffle Torte (n)
With white chocolate mousse and black cherry compote
Cheese and Biscuits (£1 supplement per person)
Somerset Brie, Stilton® and mature Cheddar, with a fig, balsamic, date & cranberry chutney and grapes
Lemon & Stem Ginger Brûlée Cheesecake
With lemon cream, lemon curd and raspberry coulis
Ultimate Sticky Toffee Pudding
With dates and sultanas, in a toffee, caramel & vanilla sauce, served with custard
New Year’s Eve 5 Course Set Menu is available exclusively from 5pm on 31st December 2018. A £10 per adult
& £5 per child non-refundable deposit is required to be paid upon booking. Non-refundable full payment
required by 14th December 2018. If booked after 14th December, full payment required upon booking. No
booking is confirmed until a deposit is received. All forms of deposit payment accepted including American
Express. All pre-orders are required before 14th December 2018. All items are subject to availability. All
prices inclusive of 20% VAT. We reserve the right to alter or amend the offer at any time.
Please be aware that all our dishes are prepared in kitchens where nuts and gluten are present, as
well as other allergens; therefore, we cannot guarantee that any food item is completely ‘free from’
traces of allergens. Full allergen information on the ingredients in the food we serve is available on
request – please speak to a team member.
(v) Suitable for vegetarians. (n) Dish contains nuts. † Fish dishes may contain bones and/or shell.
* Dish contains alcohol.
Please advise the team of any dietary requirements before ordering. All weights are approximate prior to
cooking. Fish, poultry and shellfish dishes may contain bones and/or shell. Our menu descriptions do not
list all ingredients. Some dishes may contain alcohol which may not be listed on the menu. Drink prices
only apply when you pre-order and book your table. Alcohol available to over 18s only. Proof of age may
All products subject to availability on a site-by-site basis. Management reserves the right to withdraw/
change offers (without notice), at any time. All service charges, cash and credit/debit card tips are paid in
full to our team members. Promoter: Chef & Brewer, Sunrise House, Ninth Avenue, Burton upon Trent,
Staffordshire, DE14 3JZ.
- To be eligible to receive a voucher, you must make a booking on one of our Festive menus for a minimum party of four guests. The booking must be made and a deposit paid in full by 11 November 2018.
- £15 gift voucher is valid between 1st September 2018 to 30th November 2018, and from 2nd January to 8th February 2019. Not valid from 1st December 2018 to 1st January 2019 inclusive.
- Photocopies or defaced gift vouchers will not be accepted. Only one gift voucher will be accepted per transaction. No cash alternative.
- The voucher may only be used in a single transaction and no change will be given. Voucher spend must include at least one main meal. Voucher cannot be used against the balance of the Festive booking. Voucher cannot be used against the purchase of gift cards. The voucher cannot be used in conjunction with any other voucher or Greene King employee vouchers including friend & family vouchers.
- The voucher cannot be used in conjunction with other discount vouchers – but can be used against promotion (e.g. daily deals or set menus).
- Greene King reserves the right to withdraw or amend the offer at any time.
- Gift vouchers are not available to Greene King employees or those under 18 years old.
- By submitting your details to receive your voucher, you consent to the collection and processing of your personal data in accordance with the privacy notice here >
- Gift vouchers are redeemable at participating pubs listed here >
- Vouchers will be delivered electronically by email (if you have provided an email address as part of your online booking and have opted-in to receive our marketing communications) or by text message via a unique code, which should be received within 5 working days of your deposit being paid.
- To redeem, please present your unique voucher code within the email or text message you receive at the till.
- Proof of identity may be requested. Age restrictions apply to certain products, serving times and locations. If you are under 18, please check with your pub in advance. Cash value of this voucher £0.00000001. This voucher is not transferable. Offer subject to availability. We reserve the right to cancel, amend or withdraw this offer at any time. Enjoy responsibly. Promoter: Greene King Brewing & Retailing Limited, Westgate Brewery, Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk IP33
Our Christmas Early Booking Incentive Privacy Notice can be read here >