Tigers HeadWatts Lane, Chislehurst, Kent, BR7 5PJ
This delightful rosy-bricked inn with its welcoming cream-coloured shutters stands overlooking Chislehurst Common at the heart of historic Chislehurst village. The current Tigers Head country pub dates back to the 18th century but stands on the site of a much older inn, owned by the Walsingham family, dating back to the 15th century. Attractively located facing the village green, the focus of Chislehurst community life for centuries, The Tiger’s Head has witnessed feasts, festivals, coronation celebrations and even cockfighting, which took place in the Cockpit on the green, until the practice was abolished in 1834.
To the rear, this historic country pub is bordered by the National Trust’s Petts Wood and Hawkwood Estate, an oasis of peace and tranquillity, while just east of The Tigers Head is the lovely Scadbury Park Nature Reserve, where the Walsingham family’s moated manor house once stood.
Perfect for country walks, at The Tigers Head a good old-fashioned welcome awaits visitors, as well as heart-warming traditional pub food, including seasonal specials using local produce, Sunday roasts and tantalizing desserts, along with an impressive list of fine wines and real ales.
About the Tigers Head
The Tigers Head is an attractive rosy-bricked 18th century inn. However, the site of the pub dates back to the 15th century, where a much older inn, owned by the Walsingham family, once stood. Today, a good old-fashioned welcome awaits visitors.
All through the week, The Tigers Head hosts food nights, including vegetarian and fish nights, as well as monthly changing food specials and traditional Sunday lunches. Cask Marque accredited it’s the perfect place to enjoy traditional pub food and a pint! Book a table online today.
The Tigers Head welcomes children in the bar area until 6pm and until closing in the beer garden. We have high chairs, baby changing facilities and a delightful Chef & Brewer children’s menu.
If you’re planning a trip to Chistlehurst, Sidcup, Petts Wood, St Mary Cray or Orpington, The Tigers Head would love to accommodate your coach party. Simply contact us before hand so we can make all the arrangements to ensure your visit is as enjoyable as possible. Call us today.
Food Serving Times
- Air Conditioning
- Beer Garden
- Car Parking
- Family Friendly
- Historic Pub
Food Serving Times
Book a table at Chef & Brewer
********You can book for lunch until 11am and Dinner until 4:30pm********
Want to make a group booking for more than 8? Then why not call us on the above number.
Important Booking Information
- A non-refundable deposit of £3 per person for Festive Fayre, Boxing day and New Year's day and £10 for Christmas Day must be received at the time of booking.
- Deposit payments accepted via credit, debit card or cash and must be paid at the time of booking. Full payment for Christmas Day must be received by 25th November or at time of booking if after this date. Pre-orders are required 14 days before dining or at the time of booking if less than 14 days before hand.
- For all Christmas buffet menus there is a minimum party size of 8 people. Cancellations made with less than 24 hours notice are liable for full payment of food.
- All currency is in pound sterling
- For our full terms and conditions click here