Hare & Hounds InnWerneth Low Road, Werneth Low, Hyde, Cheshire, SK14 3AA
Perched on top of Werneth Low, just off a narrow country lane near Hyde, is the handsome Hare & Hounds pub restaurant. Built in 1728, this rustic country pub occupies a magnificent Pennine location. Less than 10 miles from Manchester city centre, yet on the edge of the beautiful Werneth Low Country Park, a wildlife haven with many attractive walks and trails, The Hare & Hounds is a relaxing retreat and a gateway to the Peak District. The 215 mile coast-to-coast Trans Pennine Trail, from Southport in the west to Hornsea on the east coast, passes through the Country Park on the way to Broadbottom and Hadfield.
Inside, The Hare & Hounds still retains its farmhouse feel, with low ceilings and exposed beams. Outside, there are panoramic views over five counties, and the dark silhouette of the Welsh mountains and the rugged beauty of the Pennines can be seen on clear days. In the evening, the stunning sunsets and the distant city lights make a memorable dining experience.
The Hare & Hounds welcomes ramblers, cyclists and nature-lovers to enjoy a delicious, traditional pub meal outside in the large beer garden, or relax indoors in front of the open fires if it’s chilly.
About the Hare & Hounds Inn
Enjoy traditional pub food in an authentic 18th century farmhouse with panoramic views over the Welsh mountains and the Pennines.
Amid picturesque country lanes edged by typical Pennine dry stone walls, this historic country pub restaurant warmly welcomes visitors at any time of year, with stunning vistas in summer and open fires in winter.
The Hare & Hounds serves traditional pub food, including delicious seasonal specials and sumptuous Sunday roast dinners with all the trimmings. Pub lunches don't get better than this!
All the family is welcome at the Hare & Hounds. We’re a child-friendly pub with high chairs and baby changing facilities, as well as a delicious Chef & Brewer children’s menu. Unfortunately, dogs are not allowed inside the pub however we do have a large beer garden where they are welcome to join the family.
If you are planning a trip to Hyde, Werneth Low or Werneth Country Park, we will be happy to welcome your coach party at the Hare & Hounds. Simply contact us in advance so we can make your visit as pleasurable as possible. Call us today.
Food Serving Times
- Beer Garden
- Car Parking
- Disabled Facilities
- Family Friendly
- Historic Pub
Food Serving Times
Book a table at Chef & Brewer
********You can book for lunch until 11am and Dinner until 4:30pm********
Want to make a group booking for more than 8? Then why not call us on the above number.
Important Booking Information
- A non-refundable deposit of £3 per person for Festive Fayre, Boxing day and New Year's day and £10 for Christmas Day must be received at the time of booking.
- Deposit payments accepted via credit, debit card or cash and must be paid at the time of booking. Full payment for Christmas Day must be received by 25th November or at time of booking if after this date. Pre-orders are required 14 days before dining or at the time of booking if less than 14 days before hand.
- For all Christmas buffet menus there is a minimum party size of 8 people. Cancellations made with less than 24 hours notice are liable for full payment of food.
- All currency is in pound sterling
- For our full terms and conditions click here