Game. Set. Match
It really is a sports mad summer, with the World Cup in full swing and Wimbledon taking over our screens, we can’t get enough of summer sports! With 2,200 catering staff and 166,000 servings of strawberries served at the 2017 tournament, Wimbledon is a foodies paradise. Not got tickets to Wimbledon 2018? Don’t panic – we’ve picked out the must have food and drink to enjoy to give you that tennis feeling in an instant!
We have a well-curated list of the best food and drink to help get you into the spirit of Wimbledon with our collection of the top 5 most iconic Wimbledon food and drinks. So let us serve you (get it?!) the freshest Wimbledon flavours to really get the game going.
- A strawberry showstopper – What Wimbledon spread would be complete without strawberries playing centre stage? Introducing our Tipsy Summer Trifle. A summer cup liquer jelly, packed full of strawberries and raspberries topped with custard, whipped double cream and a crumbled Cadbury Flake® for good measure you’re sure to be on a winning game with this! Did you know: 33,000 kg of strawberries were consumed during the 2017 tournament with over 10,000 litres of fresh cream
- It’s pretty much always Pimms o’clock when the tennis is on! A refreshing glass of summer, Pimms is Wimbledon’s Winner every year. We challenge you to find something more Wimbledon appropriate! It’s the grand slam of summer drinks. Cheers! Did you know: 320,000 glasses of Pimms are served at Wimbledon.
- An indulgent pudding of whipped double cream, tossed with crushed meringue, raspberry coulis, fresh strawberries and raspberries makes our Eton Mess hit a real sweetspot! It’s popularity with our guests makes it a real qualifier for our top 5 most iconic food for Wimbledon.
- The best of British, our chefs have taken a classic and given it a very British re-vamp. Our lemon drizzle cake with Earl Grey is a delightful twist on this traditional favourite. Served with white chocolate mousse, strawberries, raspberries and toasted flaked almonds it’ll be Game. Set. Match this Wimbledon! Did you know: 330,000 cups of tea and coffee are served at Wimbledon.
- Our traditional hand-made lemonade is so refreshing and satisfying. The perfect way to keep cool during the tense moments of the tennis it’s a great refreshing alternative soft drink.