Do you have a delicious home-cooked recipe up your sleeve that you’d love to share? We’re searching for the UK’s best family recipe to be added to our menu.
We’re on the hunt for a wholesome family favourite that always gets everyone around the dinner table, whether it’s a signature lasagne or a hearty beef stew, a secret ingredient or a recipe that has been handed down the generations – we want to hear from you.
As well as taking pride of place on our menu, the winner will also receive a £500 cash prize for their culinary creation.
To be in with a chance of winning tell us your favourite home-cooked recipe, list the ingredients and share why it’s special to you before Monday 26 February 2018.
The chosen winner will need to be available in May to create their family recipe at the Chef & Brewer development kitchen in Burton-on-Trent.
We look forward to seeing what you bring to the dinner table!
Terms and conditions apply.
Terms & Conditions
1. The competition is open to all United Kingdom residents aged 18 and over (except employees and families of the Promoter and its affiliate companies, agencies and anyone professionally connected with the competition).
2. The competition is open from midnight on Monday 29 January 2018 to midnight Monday 26 February 2018.
3. One winner will be chosen from all valid entries received.
4. To enter, entrants must fill in the data entry form on the Chef and Brewer website and submit a family recipe for a starter, main or dessert, explaining why it’s special to them. All entries submitted must be the work of the entrant and must not have been published elsewhere or have won a prize in any other competition. It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure that their entry does not infringe the copyright of any third party or any laws.
5. The winner will receive a £500 cash prize and a day in Chef & Brewer’s development kitchen in Burton-on-Trent to create their family recipe with the chefs, and develop it into a dish which will be served in Chef & Brewer pubs. The winner is responsible for all expenses, travel and accommodation not expressly stated in these terms and conditions as being included as part of the prize, including meals, travel, activities, parking and other additional costs.
6. The winner and one adult guest will need to be available in May to spend a week-day in Chef & Brewer’s development kitchen at Greene King, Sunrise House, Ninth Avenue, Burton-on-Trent, DE14 3JZ. The date of the recipe development day will be agreed between the winner and the Promoter, upon confirmation of the prize.
7. Reasonable travel expenses (up to the value of £100 only) will be provided for the winner and one adult guest to travel to the recipe development day in Burton-on-Trent. Travel costs must be pre-approved in writing with the Promoter and receipts/proof of purchase provided. Up to £100 will be reimbursed to the winner, upon provision of valid receipts/proof of purchase.
8. The family recipe will remain the property of the entrant, but any dishes created in the development kitchen during this recipe development day will be the property of Greene King, and may be sold in a Chef & Brewer pub as part of future menus.
9. The winner will be informed of their prize via the email address provided in their entry within 30 days of the competition closing date.
10. There is a maximum of one entry per email address. In the event of multiple entries being received from the same email account, only the first entry will be accepted.
11. All entries will be judged individually and a winner selected by an independent judge. 11. Once a winner has been notified that they have won, they will have 7 days to claim their prize. After this time, the Promoter reserves the right to pass on the prize to a new winner selected at random from applicable entries.
12. Full details of the prize and recipe development day will be supplied to the winner following notification. In the event of the original prize being unavailable, the Promoter reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equivalent value.
13. The prize is non-transferable, non-refundable and cannot be exchanged for any cash alternatives in whole or in part.
14. The winner will receive their cash prize within 30 working days once they have been verified after claiming their prize.
15. The Promoter reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to verify the winner, including but not limited to, proof of identity and/or age, as required, and to withdraw a prize where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these terms and conditions or otherwise where an entrant has gained advantage in participating in the promotion or has won using fraudulent means.
16. Entrants will retain ownership of any content, submissions and other material they submit as part of this promotion. However, entrants grant the Promoter (and its agents and affiliates) a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual licence to use any such content, submissions and other material for the purposes of this promotion. The winner’s recipe will be developed in the development kitchen by the Promoter’s development chefs to create a recipe owned by the Promoter.
17. The winner agrees to the passing of their contact details to, and to being contacted by Greene King in order to arrange their prize and to discuss any specific requirements.
18. Personal data relating to entrants will be retained by the Promoter for a reasonable period after the competition closes to ensure the Promoter operates competitions in a consistent manner and to deal with any queries on the competition.
19. Your personal information may be shared with other companies in the Group as well as agents or contractors administering the promotion, but we will not pass your personal information to any other external organisation without your prior permission. If you would like to opt out of receiving information about Greene King and the Group, to access the personal information or to change the details that we hold please contact the Company Secretary at email@example.com.
20. The winner’s name and county can be obtained by sending a stamped SAE to Chef & Brewer competitions, 39-40 Calthorpe Road, Birmingham, B15 1TS. No other correspondence shall be entered concerning the result and the Promoter’s decision is final.
21. Owing to exceptional circumstances outside its reasonable control and only where circumstances make this unavoidable, the Promoter reserves the right to amend, terminate or temporarily suspend this competition or these terms and conditions at any time, but will always endeavour to minimise the effect to entrants in order to avoid undue disappointment.
22. The Promoter reserves the right to exclude any entries which it believes to be fraudulent or based on misconduct.
23. The Promoter accept no responsibility for difficulties experienced in submitting an entry to this competition.
24. This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. You are providing your information to the Promoter. By participating in this competition you agree to a complete release of Facebook from any claims.
25. This competition is subject to Facebook’s terms and conditions which can be found at: https://www.facebook.com/terms.
26. The Promoter reminds anyone entering the competition to drink responsibly. Please visit, https://www.drinkaware.co.uk and www.enjoyresponsibly.co.uk for the facts.
27. This competition and these terms are governed by English law and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
28. Entrants are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions by participating in the competition. Promoter: Greene King, Sunrise House, Ninth Avenue, Burton-on-Trent, DE14 3JZ.