Berkshire ArmsBath Road, Midgham, Reading, Berkshire, RG7 5UX
This rustic former farmhouse is located in Midgham, an idyllic English village with leafy lanes, olde worlde cottages and a church on the hill with lovely views over the Kennet Valley. Surrounded by the chalk hills of the North Wessex Downs, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, this charming country pub is ideally located on the A4 Bath Road to Newbury and Reading, just 15 minutes from the M4.
The Berkshire Arms is perfect for al fresco dining in the summer months, while its olde worlde interior, including exposed beams, dark wood and secluded nooks and crannies, create the ideal environment for romantic dinining. Serves traditional pub food, including Sunday roasts, freshly prepared seasonal specials, fine wines and hand-pulled real ales.
About the Berkshire Arms
A rustic 18th century former farmhouse, The Berkshire Arms has a large beer garden for summer al fresco dining, as well as a cosy interior with private nooks and crannies - perfect for secluded dining and romantic dinners.
If you’re visiting Midgham, Reading, Thatcham, Newbury Races or the Kennet & Avon Canal, the Berkshire Arms is not to be missed.
All the family is welcome at The Berkshire Arms. We’re a child-friendly pub with high chairs and baby changing facilities, as well as a delicious Chef & Brewer children’s menu. Unfortunately, dogs are not allowed inside the pub however we do have a large beer garden where they are welcome to join the family.
If you’re in the area, we will be happy to welcome your coach party at The Berkshire Arms. Simply contact us in advance of your trip so we can make your visit as pleasurable as possible. Call us today.
If you require a meeting room or a pub function room around Reading, Berkshire, the Berkshire Arms in Midgham is the perfect venue to inspire and engage or celebrate a special event. Call us for full details and availability.
Food Serving Times
- Beer Garden
- Car Parking
- Disabled Facilities
- Family Friendly
- Historic Pub
- Meeting Rooms
- Offers Functions
Food Serving Times
Book a table at Chef & Brewer
********You can book for lunch until 11am and Dinner until 4:30pm********
Want to make a group booking for more than 8? Then why not call us on the above number.
Important Booking Information
- A non-refundable deposit of £3 per person for Festive Fayre, Boxing day and New Year's day and £10 for Christmas Day must be received at the time of booking.
- Deposit payments accepted via credit, debit card or cash and must be paid at the time of booking. Full payment for Christmas Day must be received by 25th November or at time of booking if after this date. Pre-orders are required 14 days before dining or at the time of booking if less than 14 days before hand.
- For all Christmas buffet menus there is a minimum party size of 8 people. Cancellations made with less than 24 hours notice are liable for full payment of food.
- All currency is in pound sterling
- For our full terms and conditions click here
Accommodation at the Berkshire Arms
Book a stay with us and you are sure to get a warm welcome from our friendly team.
Enjoy our special touches to make you feel home from home and relax in our comfortable en-suite rooms.
BOOK YOUR ROOM
To make a reservation please Book your hotel here.
Breakfast - Enjoy a continental or a freshly cooked breakfast of your choice, while we look after you in our comfortable surroundings.
Relax and linger over coffee or another slice of toast and let us help you prepare yourself for the day ahead.